Friday, 9 July 2010

I hate baths and haircuts

When I hear water filling the laundry tub I know what's coming. It's time to hide.
I have found the best hiding spot in the whole yard - right at the back of the greenhouse - but they still find me every time.       I can't see how.       It's a good hiding spot.
They wet me all over and I look like a drowned rat.
Just look at this face. Do I look happy?
After a bath they dry me then I get treats - that's not bad. Then I run around and around as fast as I can until I'm panting. I don't know why. It just feels good.
To add to my misery they usually trim my coat as well. Silkie Terriers have hair that grows like a human's hair and need trimming often. If my hair grew long it would need brushing everyday and I would get very hot so I let them cut it.
They put me up on the table or on a chair and chop at me with scissors.
I'm a patient dog and I stay still for them. So would you if someone had scissors near your bottom.
But I am definitely not happy.
I do feel much more comfortable and I get a treat after haircuts as well so I forgive them. But not sure if I would if I had a mirror.
Sometimes I look pretty silly. 

2 comments:

  1. aloha,

    aaaw she's so sweet, but i bet sweet smelling too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, this little one looks so much fresher and cleaner after the nice bath!

    Missy, I am putting your blog on my sidebar this week. Welcome to My Nice Garden.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think and appreciate your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...