Sunday, 13 March 2011

The new garden shed

It's not quite finished yet but I couldn't wait. I have visions of this garden shed transforming our lives. I see an end to wandering around the garden searching for the rake or the garden fork thinking "I'm sure I was using it here last weekend." I see neatly stored garden tools put back in the shed after every use. I see a tidy orderly  set of shelves where I will be able to find things first try. No longer will we have three containers of Seasol because we forgot where we'd put the other two.

We had the cement slab poured a few weeks ago and bought a kit. It fits snugly between the chook pen and the large water tank.






Missy supervised every step of the way. Whenever there's "construction" work to be done in the garden we have a definite heirachy. John is the tradesman, Ros is the labourer and Missy's the overseer.



The four side panels were screwed together by the tradesman with the labourer holding them upright and the overseer snoozing in the shade.






The roof went on...and...we have a garden shed. It still needs to be dyna-bolted to the slab but it's almost finished.

My Mum used to often say  "A place for everything and everything in it's place". It drove me crazy as a child.
Now it's my dream.

8 comments:

  1. You are going to love having a garden shed! I have one and it's off-limits to everyone else's stuff, nothing but garden tools and supplies inside. A place for everything and all right at your fingertips. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful your new shed fits so perfectly in that spot ... it seems it was meant to be! Have fun setting it up ... I know the OCD part of me would enjoy finding a spot for everything. It's the keeping it tidy and organised from then on that can become a chore ... especially if you have a 'better half' like mine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's looking very neat Missy and I bet you have a ball getting those shelves ready and installing them. Is this watertank containing collected rainwater? Are you on scheme water as well?
    Nice blog, your mother is right, mothers are always right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, yes a place for everything. I have a bit of a dream shed, ie the entire under the house which is not built in, but do you think I keep everything in its place?

    Nope!

    Your shed is just beautiful and I can't wait to see your inside organisation of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it is so sad when we turn into our parents. I think it is a rare person or one with very poor role models that escapes the transition. You have made me feel guilty...I have a shed, all to myself, but it is in a mess. Now I will have to fix it up to keep up with Missy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I dont have a shed but I do have an area where the tools are supposed to be. Does that mean if I have a shed I will become neat and tidy and never lose garden tools anymore? Nice thought! My problem is I always spend too much time in the garden and never leave enough time to tidy up afterwards! I love your shed it looks as though it was always meant to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your garden shed! I wish I could have one as well but that will have to wait until I can afford to buy land outside the city.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someone definitely needs to oversee a project to keep an eye on the quality :D

    Looks good Missy! Everyone will be motivated to keep things tidy with that brand new shed!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think and appreciate your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...