I planted out the strawberry runners into a separate bed, also sowed some rows of seeds (carrots, spring onions, peas, beetroot and asian greens) directly, plus planted some seedlings from the nursery - dwarf beans, button squash, snow peas, broccoli, apple cucumber and mixed lettuce. The seeds I started a couple of weeks ago are starting to shoot, but I was too impatient to wait. There'll still be room for them. John picked up more garden soil to top up the beds we raised over summer so they are yet to be planted.
The damp weather has been great for the seedlings. Almost every one has sprouted. I didn't mark what was sown in each tube so it's going to be a lucky dip when it comes time to plant them out. Hopefully I will be able to recognise most of them by their leaf shape and guess the others.
So the vege patch is on its way now. The procrastination is over and we'll soon be eating our own produce again. I'm looking forward to next weekend to finish planting.
Just to show we aren't totally disorganised - the inside of the garden shed is looking all neat and tidy. Tools along the back wall. The mulcher and mower on one side and shelves on the other side. Bins in the corner for fertiliser and shedded paper (for the chooks' nesting boxes). So far it's been a whole week and everything has been put back in it's place after use - that's a record around here!