Friday, 9 March 2012

March friday flowers

 I don't think the garden has realised yet that we are in Autumn. It's been raining heavily and the temperatures are still very warm. If I was a plant I'd be confused.

The frangipanis are still flowering. Although it's hard to find flowers that haven't been knocked about by the rain.
They'll stop flowering soon and lose all their leaves over Winter, so it's good to still be able to appreciate them.

The tibouchina which flowers in Autumn has started blooming. It's covered in buds so will be putting on quite a show over the coming weeks.


The pentas are still in flower


The gingers are still flowering but will soon start hibernating for Winter

 and the heliconias will do the same.

Ixora have quite a long flowering period, so we can expect them to keep going for some time.

The Brazilian Red Cloak is just starting to come into bloom - definitiely an Autumn bloomer.

Strelizia bloom for most of the year it seems

The calliandra seem to flower more as the weather cools or maybe they just like the rain.....
The canna will start dying back soon so this will probably be its last flower for a while.
We are fortunate in Queensland that we have something in flower all year round. In Missy's garden I've try to include a range so that there are year round flowers.
As the seasons change, I'd like to share my garden and see what flowers are blooming elsewhere, so I'm joining Floral Friday Fotos



and Tootsies Flaunt your Flowers Friday

Go to their blogs to see many many more blooms.

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blooms, I can almost smell those Frangipanis wafting out of the computer screen :)

    Glad to see your plants still blooming away like it's still summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning flowers Missy your garden is full of colour. Here in the uk colour is hard to find in my garden at this time of year I am so looking forward to the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a variety of colour. All looks beautiful.
    I'm so jealous...my garden is just varieties of green! I really need to get some colour in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pictures! Exciting to see the plants that grow where you live. I wish you a wonderful weekend! Zinnia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so tropical! Just beautiful blooms here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frangipani is one of my favorite authors, but I didn't know it is a flower's name! Most of the flowers you show grow also in California where I live -you and I are spoiled, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some cool flowers in your Autumn season! I could smell your frangipanis from here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your photos are gorgeous this week!!!!
    I am just so happy to have the chance to visit here today!! Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all could tour each friday's flaunting gardens together and in person? I would love it!
    I wish I had more time to visit all of my favorites everytime you post!
    Thank you so much for linking in and sharing your post with my party today!
    I have shared your post this week with the Tootsie Time Facebook page.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such exotic flowers. I bet they all smell nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would get lost in your garden, gazing at the gorgeous blooms for hours.

    Childhood’s Dandelion

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos of the wonderful flowers!

    Thank you for participating in Floral Friday Fotos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos, Missy. I like living in my more temperate climate but I do envy you some of the plants you can grow. Tibouchinas are a favourite of mine but winters here are too cold for them. Frangipanis, Gingers and Helliconias also make me drool a bit. I can grow Cannas quite well, although they disappear for a few months every year, and I have a Strelizia, which survives but stays small and never flowers. I should get rid of it, but I can't help hoping that one year...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tibouchina is doing so well and chokeful of blooms. I've planted mine for over a year and it has refused to bloom after the initial stage.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have lovely blooms Missy. Our's are like that too, although we area already in the dry season and the flowers are dwindling already except for the Heliconias and frangipani. Our Tibouchina doesn't bloom as profusely as that, maybe it needs more rain. I don't have frangipani though in our property, as it is usually associated here for funerals.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think and appreciate your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...