Monday, 9 July 2012

Back home again after visiting my grandchildren in Cairns during the school holidays.
The time went too quickly but we did fit in lots of playing time and a visit to a zoo while I was there.

We made things with lego

and playdoh.

We visited the crocodiles

and the wombats

Three kokaburras lined up to serenade (laugh at) us in the bird enclosure.

The highlight of a visit to this zoo for the kids is feeding the wallabies.

The wallabies weren't all that hungry, but we fed them anyway. 

Come on wallaby, just have one little snack.

Black cockatoos are magnificant birds.

A bit scary though when one screeches at you close up.

This is the layout of the zoo.
It has a very naturalistic setting with large open enclosures and is only quite small so is perfect for young children to see and interact with wildlife.

So now I'm back home, I'm checking how much leave I have to decide when I can go back again.

4 comments:

  1. Oh that looks like you had a good time - I love the interaction with the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we traded places for the holidays. I went down south and you came up north. I know who had the finer and warmer weather! Great zoo! It looks like the kids had a great time. We have a similar spot here called Billabong Sanctuary where the kids can interact with all the same sorts of animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you all had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought wallabies were a different creature. I didn't realize they look like kangaroos. Sounds like a great time! :o)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think and appreciate your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...