Wednesday, 17 October 2012

A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips.

No gardening has been happening for the last week or so at our place. John and I are taking a short break away. We left Missy at home with my son (who has printed guidelines of feeding and watering schedules for the fish, chooks, plants and Missy of course) and took a 6 hour flight to the other side of Australia, then a 3 hour drive south from Perth.


The plane window was a bit dirty but that is the southern coast of WA. The Margaret River region is known for its wineries and produce. Apparently there are 186 wineries in the area. We lost count of how many we visited to sample their wares but it was not even a tenth.The wineries range from small family owned, very simple affairs to grand estates.

I took the iPad with me to keep up with the inter webs and do a couple of posts while we were there but therewas no coverage where we stayed. We're back in Perth now for 5 days so I am going to try to catch up,but I'm not good at using the iPad for blogging. (we did discover it makes a great GPS though)
We took a bus tour for one of the days so we could both have lots of samples.It included lessons on the hows and whys of wine tasting.
As well as the wineries, there was a chocolate factory, cheese factory, nougat factory and fudge factory - all with free samples.

If we'd stayed much longer I would have looked like this guy I think.

We also did lots of sightseeing along their wonderful coastline and took pinkies of the wildflowers growing by the roadsides, but that will be for another post.



4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh that sounds like a great trip you are on, and what a good idea to have someone drive for the wine tasting :) I look forward to lots of photos on your return. Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so envious.....seems as if you planned the most intriguing trip ever....I love wine, and chocolate and nougat and fudge, and ...did I mention that I am so envious?
    Continue to enjoy yourselves, you lucky folks (said with a twinge of envy in her voice)
    Are those canna lilies blooming outside the cabin?
    Keep us posted on those wildflower pinkies as promised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the area is fun and a gastronomic delight! Glad to hear that you both had a lovely time there :) Enjoy the rest of your stay in Perth and looking forward to your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely vacation, and i didn't know Perth is that far by plane from Brisbane. I have to confess with you, i didn't know you are not Missy, i thought the one I call Missy is a person, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think and appreciate your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...