Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Priorities


I’m sure most of you have heard the story of the man who filled a jar with stones until it was full, and then added pebbles that rolled between the rocks and again filled the jar. He then added sand, and again the sand filled the gaps until the jar was full. He then demonstrates that if you try it the other way around and don’t put the large stones first you will never fit everything in.
It’s a simple story that teaches a great lesson about putting the important things of life first.

 

In my life I have a few big rocks - my family, my husband, my children, our health (and Missy).
There are lots of pebbles. These are other things that also matter to me like my home, garden, friends, job, and things I enjoy doing (painting, cooking, blogging, holidays, music, etc)
Then there’s all the other stuff that fills my day like cleaning the house and shopping and watching TV and driving (I spend a lot of time in the car).  - The sand that can get in the way of more important things.
For quite some time I have made an effort to prioritise the rocks. Sometimes I’m successful. Sometimes not.
At the moment however there is a gigantic huge rock that needs my attention. The pebbles may get pushed aside and the sand will have to wait.
 

So please excuse my absence from the blogisphere over the next few weeks. I may call in occasionally to read or comment (or maybe even write a post), but someone very dear to me will be needing my time over the coming weeks and he comes first.

8 comments:

  1. I hope everything will be ok for you and your dear one. Take care, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you both. I do so hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everything will be ok. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you both. All the best

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take all the time you need. Big rocks come first. We will be here when you get back.
    Take care of both of you.
    Lots of love and prayers are coming your way....hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll all be here when you get back. Take care! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope things are going ok in your neck of the woods....

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think and appreciate your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...