Sunday, 18 August 2013

Getting back to normal


It's time to get back to blogging and catch up on what's been happening with my friends in the bloggisphere.


The doctor said John's surgery went well and he's been making a steady recovery. It's time for me to go back to work tomorrow and for life to get back to as close to normal as possible. The two weeks I had off work have flown by - admittedly the first few days were spent more at the hospital than at home. I had planned to catch up on lots of the cleaning and organising that I never seem to get to when I'm working and do lots of gardening. Well, I did some.....

It's been nice to just spend time at home with John and Missy - no rush or pressure. I've had a taste of what retirement would be like and I think I'm going to love it.


  The garden is looking surprisingly good considering (thanks to my son).


Winter here means chilly mornings then beautiful sunny days. During Winter I usually don't see much of the garden. I leave early and by the time I'm home it's dark. Having time to sit and soak in the sunshine and just watch the garden grow has been a real luxury. John may have been the patient, but Missy and I sat around relaxing nearly as much.

11 comments:

  1. I am so HAPPY to see you back.....I'm doing the happy dance.
    Please give John my best wishes for a speedy recovery and continued health.
    Glad you're all okay.....missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that all went ok. Look forward to seeing more of your pretty garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just fantastic to hear that the surgery went well, and John is recovering well. Great news. It's also lovely to see you back in the blogging world. Your garden is looking terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news re the surgery - retirement??? that is just a word - you will soon be flat out with so many things that you haven't been able to do whilst working!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello MIssy! The beautiful colours from your garden warms up the chilly morning ;-) My regards to John and happy working and gardening to you!! Cheers, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great news, your garden is looking fab at the moment. I hope things work out well for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so relieved to hear that it all went well, and that you also managed to have a bit of a break. I love those red and yellow lantern flowers in the second photo - what are they? thanks for commenting about the compost tumbler on my post. yes I can see that I might have to adapt to a few different techniques, but all in all I think I will enjoy it. The grandkids certainly like tumbling it when they come to visit! .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're abutilons - quite tiny flowers, but very pretty.

      Delete
  8. I'm really happy life is looking up for you! I kept John in my prayers. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear that John's surgery went well and you guys have started to go back to your normal routines again. And despite all the happenings before the garden is still looking great! Take it easy guys and welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so pleased to hear that your life is slowly returning to normal and that John is on the mend. I have been thinking of you both. And the garden does still look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think and appreciate your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...