Monday, 2 September 2013

Spring, you are most welcome

Yesterday was the first day of Spring.
What a beautiful day it was - with the promise of many more beautiful days to follow.


The white wisteria knew Spring had arrived and burst into bloom to welcome this most wonderful of all seasons.

Last weekend there were only buds and a few tentative blooms. How did it know?


The pool looked inviting but it's much too cold for me to venture in just yet. I'm a Queenslander and the temperatures need to be up in the 30Cs before I'll be diving in for a swim.


For those of you who have snow covering your garden each Winter I must seem like a terrible weakling.  We had a couple of mornings this year where the temperatures dropped below zero but no frosts (thankfully). In the sub-tropics Winter is really a series of cold snaps and chilly mornings, but I'm glad it's over and the days are getting longer. Packing away the jumpers is a time for celebration.

9 comments:

  1. Well if THAT was "winter"...!!!Lol! I wore my coat ONCE!! In Ballarat they used to say..."Put your coat on on Mother's Day and don't take it off till Father's Day" HaHa But it was true...and sometimes it was needed longer than that! I went to a Vege growing workshop on the weekend and won the door prize!! Nice to see you back blogging. Hope all is well with you and the DH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin. Yes. You've survived a Brisbane winter such as it was. People come here to escape Winter.

      Delete
  2. Roz, Oh that white wisteria is awesome! I just got a chinese lantern (Abuliton) that hopefully is going to eventually become a flower shrouded arbour! I swim all through the year here - someones it is a bit chilly, but I suppose I want to prove a point - that I live in an area where I can :) your rocks around your pool are so lovely and white - how do you keep them that way? We often have mildew grow on ours. That photo of the hibiscus in front of your pool could be a magazine cover - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be lovely to have a pool to swim in, in summer. The white wisteria looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The white wisteria looks beautiful! The wonderful season of spring, always so exciting especially for gardeners :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, be still my heart...love love love, did I say LOVE the white wisteria.....gorgeous blooms.
    I agree with Gill, the pool photo is magazine cover worthy.
    I too want to know how you keep your pool rocks so white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rocks are granite. We never need to clean them. Thayer just stay clean.

      Delete
  6. Hi, I love spring season. This season feels fresh and lovely. But in garden there is a lot of scrap before scrap. So You can use this scrap as vitamins for your plants. Visit: http://www.redgumproducts.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ros and Missy, I love your garden, you've given me a few ideas on what i might do at my new place. Thanks for reading will look forward to more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think and appreciate your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...