Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Feeling the heat

A thunderstorm is predicted for this afternoon. I hope it brings rain (lots of rain) without any destruction. We still haven't had any rain and the plants are all suffering.
Time to spend in the garden is a rare commodity lately. I've been busy at work. We've moved offices and, in the middle of moving, had our 4 yearly performance audit. John is slowly recovering from his surgery, but had a major setback when he strained his back a couple of weeks ago.  My son has been working 6 days per week lately and will be until Christmas, so can only help occasionally.....and, of course, Missy is a supervisor not a labourer - so the garden is definitely not at its best. If I sound a bit depressed by it all .... well I am.



Life at present reminds me of the frog in a pot of water. It is said that if you slowly turn up the heat the frog won't notice until it's too late.
I don't believe it.
I would hope I'm smarter and I jump before it gets too hot.

We've had a real estate agent come to give advice on selling and have begun looking at options to move somewhere smaller with less upkeep.
I love Missy's Garden and don't really won't to leave, but I don't want to see it deteriorate either.
No decisions have been made yet, but the water is certainly getting uncomfortably hot.


Perhaps I just need a bit of a rest.

7 comments:

  1. Big decision to make but whatever you guys decide to do it will be for the best :) take care x

    ReplyDelete
  2. When life piles so many trials and tribulations on your plate, you can easily feel defeated.
    But hey, the more they push, you push right back, and harder.
    I know you love Missy's Garden, but realistically if things have got to change in order to continue living, well change will have to come. I've made so many changes in my life over the past few years....some I never thought I could but HAD to.
    I hope John takes it easier this time and allows his body to heal properly....NO more back strains John!
    As for the frog in the pot, I'd never heard of that saying until now.
    A little advice....when you feel overwhelmed....take a small bite and nibble away at the problem...works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Virginia. I think I'm just feeling a bit tired and overwhelmed at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hang in there.....tie a knot at the end of your rope and hang on for dear life!!!

      Delete
  4. Oh I love that photo of the frog resting, the one of the frogs in the pot - not so much! It is clear how much love and work you have put into your home, but sometimes we have to make tough decisions. So sorry that John had a set back and hope he is recovering well. Clearly you are planning ahead which is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a difficult decision. Hang tight. A smaller garden might be just what the doctor ordered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear about your hard decisions. We've been thinking long and hard about the future of our garden too, since my health isn't what it should be. Your garden is beautiful and I know how much work you put into it. But if necessary, I know you would create another smaller garden of great beauty, too! Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think and appreciate your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...