Thursday, 18 December 2014

A special little cactus


Almost two years ago I was given a cactus as a thank you gift.
a very spiky gift

Recently I saw a sign saying:
 
It reminded me of my little cactus.

The cactus represents longevity and endurance; this is a plant that can handle what is thrown at it and doesn't need to be pampered.
Native American Indians (according to the internet) saw the cactus plant as symbolizing warmth, protection and endurance - a symbol of maternal love because it can endure and thrive in harsh conditions and therefore symbolic of a mother's unconditional love and a mother's protective qualities due in part to its medicinal properties. The pulp and juice was used to treat wounds and illness. 

Flower meaning charts  agree -  the cactus is a symbol of a mother’s unconditional love, protection and endurance.

This is a very special little plant. A gift from my daughter.

3 comments:

  1. It's a lovely tribute to a much cherished gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I had no idea of the meaning behind the cactus, I will have to look at mine differently.
    What a lovely and thoughtful gift from your daughter.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think and appreciate your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...