Monday, 22 December 2014

Progress with the new house

I took a day off work today so we could meet the building supervisor at the new house. They've been making good progress.


It's starting to look like a house. We have a roof and wall frames and windows and doors. The brick-layers will start in the next day or so and the plan is to have the house able to be locked up before the Christmas break. No work will happen then for a couple of weeks. So we probably won't go up again  to check on progress until the end of January at least.

 
Ours is one of a dozen houses currently under construction in our little area. All the builders are trying to get as much done as possible before Christmas. There are tradesmen and trucks everywhere.

 
 
I love the view of the canal we will  get from the kitchen window. We may lose the view when houses get built over the road, but until then......
 
 
This is what it looks like up closer (walking over to the canal). Some of the boats would cost more than our house.
 
 
The area I will have for garden looks SO tiny in comparison to Missy's garden but it will still be a challenge - starting from scratch again.
 
 
While we were there, we had to visit the beach of course - the ocean side this time. Because it's school holidays there were families enjoying the beach.
 
 
This stretch of beach was bordered by a grassy park with BBQs and tables for picnicking plus a bike path winding through the trees. If Santa doesn't bring me a bike I'm buying my own when we move. I haven't ridden one for over 16 years but they say once learnt, never forgotten.


AND a bit of a bonus - on the way home we stopped at one of the fruit stalls and bought a box of various fruits for Christmas plus a box of mangoes. Yum!!!

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone
and see you all in 2015.

7 comments:

  1. Your new home looks wonderful :) Merry Christmas to you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh oooh I'm just loving your new home....it's coming along nicely....like you I can't wait....sooo very happy for you.
    A big box of mangoes is a great way to enjoy Christmas, and with that I want to wish you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Home New Year!!!
    Brownie sends Christmas wishes to his girlfriend Missy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking great! Such a lovely spot up there, and it's always so wonderful to live near the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is in such a beautiful area! How will you decide what to plant in your new garden? What a hard choice. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting to have a blank canvas to start a new garden. You're almost there! Mangoes are my all time favourite fruit.
    I have nominated you as one of my five bloggers for the Liebster Award here. No pressure to participate, just a bit of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darn! I left a comment on Friday but it's not here (maybe it didn't post correctly). Not too long before your house is ready and you can begin creating a new garden! I can't wait to see it. Mangoes are my favourite fruit by far, and that tray looks delicious. I've nominated you as one of my five Liebster Award recipients, so if you accept and want to answer my questions, they're all here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Amy. I've been really busy and hadn't checked in with my blog for a while. I would love to participate -- thank you for thinking of me.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think and appreciate your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...